Divya Dutta is a famous Indian actress known for her versatile and impressive performances in Bollywood and other Indian film industries. Here is a brief biography of Divya Dutta which we will go through in detail.
Profession Actress, Model, Writer
Height (approximately) in centimeters – 158 cm
In meters – 1.58m
Feet in inches – 5′ 2″
Eye color ; dark brown
Hair : color black
Debut Cinematic Premiere: Ishq Mein Jeena Ishq Mein Marna (1994) as ‘Sapna’
Film Debut (Punjabi): Shaheed-e-Mohabbat (1998) as ‘Zainab’
Film Debut (Malayalam): Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (2005) as Police Officer
Film Debut (English): The Last Lear (2007) as ‘Ivy’
Film Debut (Nepali): Basanti (2000) as ‘Malaki’
Television Debut: Samvidhan (2014) as Poornima Banerjee’
Awards, Honors, Achievements • Ashirwad Award (1997)
• Divya Bharti Award (1997)
• Smita Patil Award (1998)
• Zee Cine Award for Best Female Supporting Actor for the film Veer-Zaara (2005)
• GIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film Veer-Zaara (2005)
• Star Most Favorite Kon Award for the film Welcome to Sajjanpur (2009)
• Big Punjabi Entertainment Artist of the Year Award (2010)
• IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film Delhi-6 (2010)
• Apsara Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2014)
• Zee Cine Award for Best Female Supporting Actor for the film Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2014)
• National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film Irada (2018)
Divya Dutta’s Personal Life
Date of Birthday 25 September 1977 (Sunday)
Age (as of 2019) 42 years
Place of Birth Ludhiana, Punjab, India
zodiac sign pound
Hometown Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Vidyalaya Sacred Heart Convent, Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Educational Qualification Not Known
hobby travel, read
• In May 2019, when Divya posted pictures from her interview on her Instagram account, an Instagram user left a lewd comment on one of her pictures. He wrote: “Big breasts.” However, the actress decided to condemn the practice of body shaming women and made sure to learn her lesson.
He replied, “Yes man! large breasts! So? shut up. And stop objectifying women…there is so much more to a woman. “Did you ever see his smile or the sparkle in his eyes?” , Sorry, too long a wait! disgusting. Please do not post here, (sic).”
Divya Dutta’s Family, Relationships and more
Divya Dutta is unmarried and she has a boyfriend. This has also not been confirmed. Divya’s mother – Late Dr. Nalini Dutta was a government officer and no correct information is available about her father. He is also said to be deceased. Her brother Rahul Dutta is a doctor and Divya Dutta ji has no sister.
Entrance into the World of Entertainment
Dutta’s journey into acting began in the late 1990s when she made her screen debut in the Bollywood film “Ishq Mein Jeena Ishq Mein Marna.” This was the start of a career that would last for more than two decades and make her one of the best actresses in the business.
Favorite food: Punjabi dishes, Aloo Tikki, Dal-Rice
Favorite Actor Sanjeev Kumar, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Amitabh Bachchan
favorite color red
Favorite Actress Shabana Azmi
favorite clothes saree
Favorite Filmmakers Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Shriram Raghavan and Neeraj Pandey
Favorite travel destination Kashmiri.
Some lesser known facts about Divya Dutta
•Divya Dutta is an Indian film actress and model, notable for playing a variety of roles in different film genres.
•He was born and brought up in Ludhiana, Punjab.
• He lost his father when he was only 7 years old.
•She made her acting debut in 1994 with the highly successful film Ishq Mein Jeena Ishq Mein Marna.
• As a young woman, she witnessed the Punjab rebellion and described herself hiding behind her mother’s scarf “praying that no one would shoot at us”.
•He has played more than 60 roles in Hindi cinema, including two international films.
• In May 2005, she became engaged to Lieutenant Commander Sandeep Shergill and the couple did not marry but were seen together several times.
•When Divya moved to Mumbai, she got into the habit of keeping a diary as she lived alone there without her family. Gradually he started writing columns for Hindustan Times and Express Tribune.
•She considers Amitabh Bachchan as her idol.
•In 2017, she released her book “Me and Ma,” based on her relationship with her mother, a doctor who raised the family alone after her father’s death.
• In her early days in the film industry, Divya was often said to look like Manisha Koirala and was only offered dance songs in films.
• He considers Juhi Chawla, Sonali Bendre and Rajat Kapoor as his closest friends in Bollywood.
• In childhood, Divya was good in studies and used to forbid everyone from acting.
• She had a crush on Aamir Khan after watching his film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak”.
• When he was in school, he got Rs. 100 to do a TV series. This was his first salary.
• Divya revealed during an interview that she used to be a quiet girl.
• He shared an incident from his school days, that he once closed his classroom, and went to the garden area of his school with his classmates. He received reprimands from his teachers.
•When asked if she was ever approached for work, Divya said that her refusal resulted in her losing many film roles, which went to actors who were willing to commit. She said: “I would be lying if I said no. Every woman has been proposed to at some point. But he never proposed me directly but I lost a lot of films because I didn’t have a sugar daddy and someone else did.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1 What are some of Divya Dutta’s most acclaimed films?
Ans- Divya Dutta has received praise for her roles in films like “Veer-Zaara,” “Delhi-6,” and “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.”
Q-2 Tell me more about Divya Dutta’s book, “Me and Ma.”
Ans-“Me and Ma” is a touching tribute to her mother, offering a glimpse into her personal life and the bond they shared.
Q-3 Has Divya Dutta won any awards for her acting?
Ans – Yes, she has won several awards, including a National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Q -4 What social causes is Divya Dutta involved in?
Ans- Divya Dutta actively supports causes related to child trafficking prevention and promoting education for underprivileged children.
Q- 5 Where can I find more information about Divya Dutta’s work and projects?
Ans- You can stay updated on her work through her official social media profiles and her website.